1st Line Service Desk Analyst – Heywood
- Work Type: IT
- Salary: Competitive
Currently looking for a proven, technically driven 1st Line Service Desk Analyst to to join an expanding team within a time critical Logistics / Distribution / Warehousing environment. The role is based at our Heywood Head Office.
Working hours are 08:00-17:00 Monday-Friday.
You should be able to take ownership of incidents as they are escalated from the Service Desk and own them through to resolution or escalation to 2nd/3rd line support. You should have a good knowledge of IT Systems including Mobile Technologies and be a good team player. Excellent written & verbal communication skills with peers or end users is a must.
This role provides two functions to the service desk. Firstly is to be a technical lead for incidents and secondly to be a technical mentor within the team. Within the role you will be required to provide high-levels of customer service including communicating with internal customers at all levels.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Your attention to detail will be second to none
- Exposure to the ITIL Incident management process is advantageous
- 1st and 2nd Line IT support experience including knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory Administration, and TCP/IP Networking
- Be service led, self-motivated, results orientated and able to deliver high quality work
- Have good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Be organised and consistent in their approach to their work
- Be flexible in their working hours
- Be able to work to deadlines and to SLAs
- Work as an individual and as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills
1st Line Support including Desktop Support, setting up and installing computer and telephony hardware
Troubleshooting of hardware, software and peripherals
Being the front line and face of IT - prompt, available, responds to requests
High levels of customer service, ensuring that internal customer issues are dealt with courteously and expediently within service levels
Consistent approach to IT customer requests
Provide regular communication to customers of active requests
Effective request ownership, resolution, escalation and allocation
Process support; ensure sufficient information/documentation is gathered for Support Teams
Creating and updating the service desk tool, accurately and in a timely manner
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form.